- Dear God, your will be done. Use me for your glory. Dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations. They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn— for he has done it.” (Psalm 22) I, the LORD, am a shield around you. I will bestow glory on you & lift up your head. (based on Psalm 3)
- Please, never EVER ask me to home school when I get old. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4 (just not from homeschooling)
- Help me get into law school (Duke would be awesome)…just think of the tithe! Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ? To obey is better than sacrifice…(1 Samuel 15:22)
- Help your gospel to go forth, but please don’t send me anywhere in the world without air conditioning, especially Africa… and Miami (even if it does have air conditioning). For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10) Praise to the Lord, who over all things so wondrously reigneth, shelters thee under his wings, yea, so gently sustaineth! Hast thou not seen how thy desires ever have been granted in what he ordaineth? (Praise to the Lord, the Almighty hymn translated by Catherine Winkworth)
- Please, if I must marry a preacher, at least let him be rich (or have rich parents). Every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine…for the world is mine, and all that is in it. (Psalm 50)
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Prayers of a Teenage Me (& their replies)
As the 5th anniversary of my 29th birthday is right around the corner, I have been walking down memory lane. We continue to wait, oh-so-patiently, for our I171h to come in the mail so that we can ship off our paperwork to adopt princess #2...and I thought you might enjoy where i was 17 years ago in my prayer life...