Thursday, May 21, 2009

Joy to the Heart & my new 2nd grader!

Today was the last day of first grade for my sweet potato. Here is an excerpt of his teacher's comments from his report card: "In the following verse i am reminded of JP and his enthusiasm for all things good and right. 'The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.' Psalm 19.8. He works with whatever he does with all of his heart..." He is reading at a third grade, fifth month level and finished in the top 15% in the US on the Presidential Fitness test for pull-ups. Yes, i know I'm bragging:)
On the adoption front, we notarized a new and improved power of attorney this morning, got it authenticated at the Secretary of State's office and FedEx'd it overnight express to AWAA. I'm sure i looked crazy this morning wearing my faded Florida State shirt from 1996 (literally) and a "don't mess with me" look in my eyes. Everyone was so friendly. Hmmmm... So we wait again. Try to hope again. (Hope we don't curse again.) We're trying to enjoy today, and rejoice in the bright-eyed strong boys playing in the next room.

No comments:

Post a Comment